Cathedral House Hotel
Built in 1896, the Cathedral House Hotel is a jewel in its own majestic and historic corner of Glasgow. The hotel has eight individually decorated en-suite bedrooms (four doubles, three twins and one single), and many of them come with incredible views over the rest of Cathedral Square, the cathedral itself and the necropolis. Guest comforts come in the form of tea- and coffee-making facilities, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a comfortable beer garden, and a superb whisky bar and separate restaurant. Having recently enjoyed a full refurbishment, the latter is particularly impressive, and is under the stewardship of a head chef who has revamped the menu so that it focuses on modern Scottish dishes and the best classic recipes, all created with produce from the locale. Be sure to book a table, as this restaurant and its new direction are already developing a strong fan base.