Set to open on Friday 25th January, Rhodes @ The Dome is the latest project of top celebrity chef, TV personality and author, Gary Rhodes OBE. And he’s picked the perfect spot for it. Housed within the iconic Plymouth Dome building (a former museum opened by the Queen herself in 1986), this will be the largest ‘celebrity’ restaurant the South West has seen this decade.
Having been in the business for many years now, Rhodes’ reputation precedes him – he first attained Michelin-star-status at The Castle Hotel in Taunton and soon bagged himself a second star at The Greenhouse Restaurant in Mayfair. This new venture has involved a £1.5million investment into the city, will create over 50 new jobs and will further boost Plymouth’s reputation as a foodie hotspot (the area already boasts the Tanner brothers, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage Canteen and MasterChef’s most recent victors, at The Treby Arms).
The striking Dome site boasts the 70-cover Bar Rhodes, complete with gorgeous waterfront terrace and a superb British tapas menu. Meanwhile at the chic, 105-cover Rhodes Kitchen, with its theatrical open kitchen, diners will enjoy lovely views over Plymouth Sound and a menu featuring classics from Gary as well as new dishes designed for The Dome. Starters will include such delights as warm smoked salmon croque-monsieur; smoked haddock with Welsh rarebit; or perhaps seared monkfish sliders. For mains, expect the likes of braised West Country lamb squab pie served with Devon clotted cream or maybe slow-roast belly of Exmoor pork with sweet pea purée, grilled prawns and roast apple gravy. All, of course, using produce from carefully selected regional growers, farmers and artisans.
Naturally, the eatery has attracted plenty of interest near and far, and with two private dining rooms and an events suite accommodating 200 guests, it has been booked to the hilt with weddings.
To win a sensational meal for two at the brand new Gary Rhodes restaurant, Rhodes @ The Dome, just answer one simple question:
Where did Gary Rhodes win his first Michelin star?
Send your answer to us at email@example.com, along with your name and contact details, to be in with a chance of winning this super prize.
Terms and conditions:
- Entries must be received via firstname.lastname@example.org and are restricted to one per person.
- We reserve the right to pass on your contact details to a third party (Rhodes @ The Dome).
- The winner will be notified and contacted directly by Rhodes @ The Dome.
- All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 17th February 2013.
- The winner is entitled to a meal for two, from any of the Rhodes @ The Dome menus, on any day of the week (subject to availability), including all courses and coffee, but excluding wine and other alcoholic drinks.
- This prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.